Administrative Assistant – Bolton, ONPosition posted on: January 3rd, 2018
A & B Rail Services Ltd.
A Canadian Railway Service and Project Solutions Company
At A & B Rail Services Ltd. our work is getting and keeping Canada’s railway operators in motion – safely and sustainably! We work coast-to-coast, in every railway sector, and on any size project. Our commitment is service excellence and offering our clients exceptional value. Within our team, we call this Doing It Right!
At A & B Rail Services Ltd. we are currently seeking those interested in an Administrative Assistant position to support our Ontario Team.
As an Administrative Assistant, the job provides a wide range of administrative and support services to the Eastern Canada Office, the professional and technical staff of A&B Rail Services and reporting to the Accounting Manager. Duties include but are not limited to greeting visitors, maintain front office area, and refer questions to appropriate staff. Operate and maintain multi-line telephone and voice mail system and update contact information for all staff. The Administrative Assistant will also coordinate, prioritize, and track the flow and distribution of mail, and electronic information. Along with this, the Administrative Assistant is required to program alarm codes, issue keys for the building, monitor reports and maintain accounts. Other duties involve maintaining the Outlook calendar, order office supplies, furniture, computers, IT equipment and making sure printers are stocked and functioning. The Administrative Assistant will also be required to advise and troubleshoot with IT for computer and printer issues, along with maintaining an inventory list of office computers, fuel cards, and 407 transponders. The Administrative Assistant will also be booking and tracking hotels, negotiate hotel pricing and follow up with inquiries related to billing. Provide support to the operations team by coordinating and booking flights and hotels. Scan and e-mail employee’s personal expenses, mileage, and gas receipts for processing. Prepare and maintain a complete office procedures manual. Ensure kitchen and bathroom supplies are ordered are stocked. Provide AP support as needed along with assisting with managing time sheets and assist with other payroll related help on an as-needed basis. Assist with administrative overflow and special projects from other departments as needed. Filing and other administrative/office duties as required.
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate the following experience and skills:
- 3-5 years of experience in a reception role within a fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Excellent organizational and planning skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Independent, self-motivated, able to take the initiative to liaise with other departments and/or external sources
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrate ability to perform maturely and professionally ensuring complete confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically, act logically to evaluate situations, solve problems, and make decisions
- Excellent customer service focus, with an ability to work collaboratively with others
At A & B Rail Services Ltd. we offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits packages, challenging work scopes partnered with a highly skilled and experienced team of professionals with a proven track record.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with their cover letter and resume to:
Monika Singh – HR Coordinator
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A & B Rail Services Ltd. is an Equal Opportunity Employer