Project Coordinator – Bolton, ONPosition posted on: January 3rd, 2018
A&B Rail Services Ltd.
A Canadian Railway Service and Project Solutions Company
Project Coordinator – Bolton, ON
At A&B Rail Services, our work is getting and keeping Canada’s railway operators in motion – safely and sustainably! We work coast-to-coast, in every railway sector, and on any size project. Our commitment is service excellence and offering our clients exceptional value. Within our team, we call this Doing It Right!
A&B Rail is seeking a qualified Project Coordinator to join our Ontario Project Team. Reporting to the Project Manager located in Bolton, ON with most time being spent in the GTA.
This is a permanent position with potential to grow.
Reporting to the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator is responsible for the accurate and timely completion of a variety of administrative tasks required to support the needs of the project teams, vendors and subcontractors. The position requires a strong team player with excellent communication, organizational and planning skills with initiative and the ability to work independently and juggle multiple deadlines.
- Work with the Project Manager to establish a cost reporting system for all project components, including excavation, backfill, formwork, rebar, concrete, embedded metals and underground piping.
- Monitor daily, weekly and monthly labor, equipment, material and sub-trade costs.
- Develop and maintain project schedule with the assistance of the Project Manager.
- Control drawings, drawing records, and revisions.
- Ensure that all technical aspects of the work conform to all applicable codes and standards.
- Ensure that all work is completed accurately (i.e. survey).
- Performs general administrative and recordkeeping functions such as photocopying, filing, faxing and preparing and distributing correspondence
- Maintains and updates various contact and distribution lists for the department or project
- Obtain and provides written documentation for all clarifications and instructions, attends all regular meetings.
- Assist and monitors payroll functions to ensure proper coding and cost allocation.
- Assist with preparing progress invoicing and progress status reports.
- Complete estimates review estimates and assists in costing.
- Assists in maintaining systems and procedures including set up and maintenance of master filing system, project billings, cost accounting system, and project directory
- Assists in contacting trades and suppliers, regarding invitations, pricing, addenda and tender/bid closings
- Carries out a wide range of diverse, sensitive, operational and technical duties within the department
- Participates in meetings and records minutes
- Ensures all internal controls, processes and procedures are followed
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- A Diploma/ Civil Tech College Diploma – Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Engineering.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in a construction environment is preferable
- Experience in a unionized environment is an asset
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Experienced in taking and transcribing meeting minutes
- Strong computer skills are required with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Demonstrated customer service focus
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust to a rapidly changing environment
- Effective and proven organizational skills to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a high pressure and demanding work environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrate a high level of confidentiality
- Railroad experience would be an asset
Please send your resume and a cover letter quoting “Project Coordinator” in the subject line to:
Monika Singh – HR Coordinator
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A&B Rail Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.