Project Manager – Bolton, ONPosition posted on: January 3rd, 2018
A&B Rail Services Ltd.
A Canadian Railway Service and Project Solutions Company
Project Manager – Bolton, ON
At A&B Rail Services, our work is getting and keeping Canada’s railway operators in motion – safely and sustainably! We work coast-to-coast, in every railway sector, and on any size project. Our commitment is service excellence and offering our clients exceptional value. Within our team, we call this Doing It Right!
We proudly operate with a family of Universal companies under the banner of Universal Rail Systems. Each company features a unique specialization, a cross-Canada presence, and a commitment to living and reflecting our overall company values and service-focused philosophy.
At A&B Rail Services, we are currently seeking a Project Manager who will report to the Regional Operations Manager- Ontario. The Project Manager is responsible for providing overall direction for one or more projects and or supporting the development of new business opportunities relative to a particular client, group of clients, geographical location and or product line. They will need to plan, direct and manage all activities of all assigned projects at different stages of completion, to ensure that company objectives for customer satisfaction, safety, quality, production, revenue, and profit are met within a specific time frame. The individual will need to actively support the Company’s commitment to safety and its core values. Develop and implement Quality Management Plans, Safety Management Plans, Engineering, Procurement, Fabrication, Manufacturing, and Construction plans as required to meet project objective. Provide strong leadership to construction team members, capitalizing on individual and group strengths as well as perform other related duties as required
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical/Engineering or related field; or 6+ years related experience without a degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the construction/industrial industry
- Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
- Strong computer skills are required with proven proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to plan and manage a project schedule
- Understanding of method of bidding, purchasing, negotiating, contracting, cash flow, expediting, receiving and transporting
- A track record of building successful teams, effectively motivating people and maintaining effective relationships with clients, owners, and consultant.
- Ability to anticipate stakeholder needs, investigate the underlying causes and identify short and long-term solutions
- Contract negotiation/management skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust to a rapidly changing environment
- Effective and proven organizational skills to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a high pressure and demanding work environment
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Demonstrate ability to perform maturely and professionally ensuring complete confidentiality of sensitive and confidential information
- Demonstrate the ability to think critically, act logically to evaluate situations, solve problems, and make decisions
Monika Singh – HR Coordinator
At A&B Rail Services we offer competitive compensation packages, challenging work scopes partnered with a highly skilled and experienced team of professionals with a proven track record.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A&B Rail Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.