SignalmanPosition posted on: February 21st, 2017
A&B Rail Services Ltd.
A Canadian Railway Service and Project Solutions Company
At A&B Rail Services, our work is getting and keeping Canada’s railway operators in motion – safely and sustainably! We work coast-to-coast, in every railway sector, and on any size project. Our commitment is service excellence and offering our clients exceptional value. Within our team, we call this Doing It Right!
We proudly operate with a family of Universal companies under the banner of Universal Rail Systems. Each company features a unique specialization, a cross-Canada presence, and a commitment to living and reflecting our overall company values and service-focused philosophy.
At A&B Rail Services, we are currently seeking a Signalman out of our Bolton, ON location who reports to the Employee-in-Charge, Signal Maintainer/Mechanic, Lead Hand, and Foreman. The Signalman program has multiple levels. Signalman 1 leads to possible promotion to Signalman 2, 3, and 4. Signalman 1 is a merit level position, performing duties as required under supervision.
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- AZ or DZ an asset
- Machine operator experience an asset
- Boom truck certificate and experience an asset.
- A high school diploma with at least 1 years work experience
- A Valid Operator’s License
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- Previous electronics training would be an asset.
- Previous railway or construction experience would be an asset
- Know and comply with customer specific Safety Rules, Practices and Policies.
- Has demonstrated the ability and willingness to merit advancement.
- Valid CSTS, First Aid, H2S Alive and Ground Disturbance level 2 courses are considered an asset.
- Basic understanding of survey grades and construction methods.
- Ability to read instructions, follow technical specifications and grade plans.
- Ability to perform various types of physical labour including moderate to heavy lifting, standing, bending, shovelling, etc.
- Sound understanding of safety regulations, safe work practices and work procedures and be capable of assisting in maintaining safe work sites.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Perform duties in inclement weather, with possible exposure to severe weather conditions.
- Proficiency in the safe operation and maintenance of various related equipment and tools.
- Ability to maintain concentration and mental alertness in a variety of situations.
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance and storage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
At A&B Rail Services we offer competitive compensation packages, challenging work scopes partnered with a highly skilled and experienced team of professionals with a proven track record.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with their cover letter and resume to:
Anisa Hossain – HR Coordinator
Fax: 905-951-8667 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A&B Rail Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.