Signals ForemanPosition posted on: February 21st, 2017
A&B Rail Services Ltd.
A Canadian Railway Service and Project Solutions Company
At A&B Rail Services, our work is getting and keeping Canada’s railway operators in motion – safely and sustainably! We work coast-to-coast, in every railway sector, and on any size project. Our commitment is service excellence and offering our clients exceptional value. Within our team, we call this Doing It Right!
We proudly operate with a family of Universal companies under the banner of Universal Rail Systems. Each company features a unique specialization, a cross-Canada presence, and a commitment to living and reflecting our overall company values and service-focused philosophy.
At A&B Rail Services, we are currently seeking Signals Foreman out of our Bolton, ON location who will be is responsible for managing and directing a crew of workers to deliver a successful project by meeting or exceeding corporate and project goals. The Signal Foreman must ensure safety, quality, profitability, and scheduling, resulting in customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- Valid Ontario G Driver’s license or equivalent
- AZ or DZ an asset
- Machine operator experience an asset
- Boom truck certificate and experience an asset.
- High School Diploma
- Railway or construction experience would be an asset.
- Valid certification in Canadian Railway Operating Rules.
- Training in First Aid, WHMIS, Confined Space, CSTS, and other mandatory courses as required.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Organize, develop, and communicate schedules and goals to crew members.
- Strong customer relations skills.
- Use computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Perform physical work in a field environment including bending, lifting.
- Safe use of hand and power tools.
- Excellent vision and hearing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Lead a team and motivate workers.
- Exercise sound judgment and give clear direction.
- Work effectively in a team environment as a contributing team player.
At A&B Rail Services we offer competitive compensation packages, challenging work scopes partnered with a highly skilled and experienced team of professionals with a proven track record.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply with their cover letter and resume to:
Anisa Hossain– HR Coordinator
Fax: 905-951-8667 Email: email@example.com
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A&B Rail Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.