Superintendent – Montreal, QCPosition posted on: February 8th, 2018
A&B Rail Services Ltd.
A Canadian Railway Service and Project Solutions Company
Superintendent – Montreal, QC
At A&B Rail Services, our work is getting and keeping Canada’s railway operators in motion – safely and sustainably! We work coast-to-coast, in every railway sector, and on any size project. Our commitment is service excellence and offering our clients exceptional value. Within our team, we call this Doing It Right!
A&B Rail is seeking a qualified Superintendent to join our Quebec Project Team. Reporting to the Project Manager, with most time being spent in Montreal.
The Superintendent is responsible for managing and leading a team of workers and foremen to deliver a project. The Superintendent shall ensure that the security, quality, profitability and planning meets the customer’s expectations. Along with these duties, the Superintendent will be managing requirements and the equipment necessary for the implementation of the project. As well, this role will supervise the construction from the start and monitor the progress of the work on the site. Other duties include planning work schedules, monitoring the quality of the work executed, ensure that contractual obligations are met and making sure the project is running smoothly. The Superintendent will also ensure that the occupational safety and health regulations are respected and enforced, as per company policies.
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a Superintendent or in a similar position
- Valid Certification in the Canadian rail operating rules (CROR)
- Valid training in First Aid, SIMDUT, Confined Space, and other courses according to the needs
- Maintain a good relationship with the Client
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good leadership skills
- Exercise good judgment and give clear guidance
- Familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Valid “Class 5” Driver’s License
Please send your resume and a cover letter quoting “Superintendent- Montreal, QC” in the subject line to:
Monika Singh – HR Coordinator
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A&B Rail Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer.