Surface Foreman – Bolton, ONPosition posted on: February 5th, 2018
A&B Rail Services Ltd
A Canadian Railway Service and Project Solutions Company
Surface Foreman – Bolton, ON
At A&B Rail Services Ltd, our work is getting and keeping Canada’s railway operators in motion – safely and sustainably! We work coast-to-coast, in every railway sector, and on any size project. Our commitment is service excellence and offering our clients exceptional value. Within our team, we call this Doing It Right!
At A&B Rail Services Ltd, we are currently seeking those interested in a Surface Foreman to support our Toronto Construction team to start in IMMEDIATELY!
Reporting to the Superintendent, the Surface Foreman is responsible for managing and directing a crew of workers for a surfacing gang to deliver a successful project by meeting or exceeding corporate and project goals. The Foreman must ensure safety, quality, profitability, and scheduling, resulting in customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate the following skills and experiences:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years railway experience; 5 years of lifting experience
- Valid Driver’s license or equivalent with a clean driver abstract
- Valid certification in Canadian Railway Operating Rules (CROR)
- Must have knowledge and be able to apply GO Track Standards
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills; self-starter
- Organize, develop, and communicate schedules and goals to crew members
- Strong customer relations skills
- Use computer applications including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Perform physical work in a field environment including bending, lifting
- Railway construction experience would be an asset
- Prepared to be flexible with work schedule
Please send your resume and a cover letter quoting “Surface Foremen” in the subject line to:
Monika Singh – HR Coordinator
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
A&B Rail Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer