Waterloo Spur Crossing System - Waterloo, ON
Project Office: Bolton
Supply and installation of a new grade crossing warning system on the Waterloo Spur for the Region of Waterloo.
A&B Rail Services was awarded the contract to supply, install, and commission a complete new grade crossing warning system on the Waterloo Spur at Weber street In Kitchener, Ontario. The scope of this contract included the installation of new cantilever combination units, crossing bungalows, interconnection to adjacent crossings, and underground cable installation work.
- Acquisition of regional and municipal permits
- Developing and tracking of project schedule and milestones
- Procurement and management of materials
- Execution and delivery of testing paperwork consistent with the CN General Instructions
- Controlled road closures
- Factory Acceptance Testing
- Installation of equipment to CN SCP
- Final system testing and commissioning
- Installation of:
- Siemens 560 Cantilever Combos
- GE Style C Track Drivers
- Siemens SSCCIV Crossing Controllers with internal stick logic
- Siemens SEAR Event Recorder
- CP100 Compliant Cable
A satisfied client and another quality project completed.
This enormous project is a prime example of A&B Rail Services expertise, capabilities, and commitment to Doing It Right. As the safety of our team, our client, and the public has always been A&B Rail Services’ number one priority, procedures and systems were put in place to ensure all goals and safety standards were met.
For A&B Rail Services, it means another satisfied customer in our 50-year journey to become Canada’s largest, most experienced, and most sought-after rail services company.