In 2021, A&B Rail was mandated by the Ministère des Transports Québec, to perform a track rehabilitation project including tie supply, replacement, and disposal, ballast distribution and track surfacing, in addition to several private and public crossing rehabilitations.
- Supply & delivery of 15,000 railway ties & respective track spikes required to fasten the ties to the rail.
- Supply and delivery of all timber crossing planks required for railway crossing upgrades.
- Distribution, replacement, and disposal of 15,000 railway track ties
- Distribution of 10,500 metric tons of ballast along the railway
- Surfacing and lining of 15.5 miles of track
- Replacement of timber crossing planks on 100 private railway crossings
- Replacement of timber crossings for four (4) public crossings, including the road traffic control during work
A satisfied client and another quality project completed. The successful completion of a project of this size under the pressure of working in an active site is an excellent example of A&B Rail Services project management expertise, capabilities and commitment to Doing It Right. For A&B Rail Services, it means another satisfied customer in our 50-year journey to become Canada’s largest, most-experienced and most sought-after rail services company.