A&B Rail Services was awarded the material supply and construction contract to build 4 new 12 car consist layover tracks at their Willowbrook Facility located in Mississauga, Ontario.
- Preparing work plans methodologies
- Arrange for the procurement and delivery of track, turnouts, and associated wayside equipment
- Removal of approximately 11,500’ of existing track
- Construction of 14,000’ of 100# steel tie layover track
- Maintaining existing layover operation intact through construction
- Installing six new #10 steel tie turnouts
- Flash butt welding of approximately 5 miles of 100# pw rail
- Ballasting, surfacing, destressing, thermite and flash butt welding
- Installing rubber rail seal
A satisfied client and another quality project completed. A&B Rail Services was able to successfully meet Metrolinx’s requirements and expectations while delivering a safe and quality product and service to the community. For Metrolinx this means confidence in their site being constructed by a group of skilled and experienced rail specialists that are specially trained to work in this highly regulated environment. Metrolinx puts a great emphasis on safety, therefore things do not happen unless all aspects of safety are identified. This includes regulations, hazard assessment, permits, etc. As safety is A&B Rail Services’ number one priority, this client’s expectations are easily met. For A&B Rail Services, it means another satisfied customer in our 50-year journey to become Canada’s largest, most-experienced, and most sought-after rail Services Company.