A&B Rail Services was hired by CP Rail to complete an expansion for their Alyth Yard in Calgary, Alberta.
- 6,200 track feet of wood tie track constructed •
- 4 #11 mainline turnouts installed
- 5,100 tonnes of railway ballast distributed
- 575 track feet of wood plank road crossings installed
- 2 double switch point derails installed
- 18 turnouts removed
- 5,100 track feet of wood tie track removed
- 160 wood ties replaced
- 6,658 track feet of wood tie track realigned
- 100 compromise & transition rails constructed
- 132 thermite welds & 130 flashbutt welds
A satisfied client and another quality project completed. For CP Rail this means confidence in the state of their track and the ability to increase traffic on their site. For A&B Rail Services, it means another satisfied customer in our 50-year journey to become Canada’s largest, most-experienced, and most sought-after rail services company.