A&B Rail Services was awarded the contract to supply, install, and commission a complete new grade crossing warning system on the Waterloo Spur at Weber street In Kitchener, Ontario.
- Acquisition of regional and municipal permits
- Developing and tracking of project schedule and milestones
- Procurement and management of materials
- Execution and delivery of testing paperwork consistent with the CN General Instructions
- Controlled road closures
- Factory Acceptance Testing
- Installation of equipment to CN SCP
- Final system testing and commissioning
- Installation of:
- Siemens 560 Cantilever Combos
- GE Style C Track Drivers
- Siemens SSCCIV Crossing Controllers with internal stick logic
- Siemens SEAR Event Recorder
- CP100 Compliant Cable
This enormous project is a prime example of A&B Rail Services expertise, capabilities, and commitment to Doing It Right. There were a number of challenges that came up during the project that A&B Rail Services was able to overcome. Some of these challenges included working within confined work areas that were also busy public areas, all while discovering unidentified underground facilities that required multiple redesigns for equipment placement. As the safety of our team, our client, and the public has always been A&B Rail Services’ number one priority, procedures and systems were put in place to ensure all goals and safety standards were met. For A&B Rail Services, it means another satisfied customer in our 50-year journey to become Canada’s largest, most experienced, and most sought-after rail services company.