Rail Safety Week (September 20– 26, 2021)
The goal of Rail Safety Week in Canada is to help raise awareness of the need for rail safety education and empower the public to keep themselves safe near highway-rail grade crossings and railroad rights-of-way. While the statistics on railway crossing and trespassing incidents has dropped over the past few years, one incident, fatality, or serious injury is still too many. So what simple steps can people take to stay safe around trains and railway property? Check out our social media pages throughout Rail Safety Week to view some Rail Safety Tips shared by our families.
Click on the link below to watch our What Is Your Rail Safety Tip video!
To further promote Rail Safety Week, our Health and Safety Department will be sponsoring a Rail Safety Quiz for our employees’ children/grandchildren to enter. Follow the directions below to win!
Click on the link below to download and print the Rail Safety Week Quiz!
- Complete the Quiz sheet attached.
- Fill out the contact information at the bottom of the page.
- Take a photo of your completed quiz.
- Email it to our Marketing Department at email@example.com.
- First 25 entries submitted will be awarded a prize.
- The contest is open to Universal Rail Systems and subsidiary companies’ employees’ children/grandchildren under the age of 16.
- One entry per child.
- Deadline for entries is September 26, 2021, at 5:00 pm (MST).
- The completed quiz, child’s first name, and age will be shared via our social media accounts.
- By submitting an entry, you are acknowledging that you have the authority and are providing consent to share the child’s submission on social media.
Let’s continue to keep everyone safe around all railway tracks!