Maintenance contract supplying routine maintenance and inspection for the four Shell Canada sites across Alberta.
Track Inspection and Maintenance: A&B Rail Services was contracted to supply a permanent workforce and all required materials and equipment needed to maintain Shell’s four sites – which are located in Scotford, Cochrane, Shantz, and Pincher Creek, Alberta. Monthly track inspection services are also performed at the four Shell locations.
- Monthly Switch and Track Inspections
- Maintenance Program
- Re-gauging of track as required
- Shimming of rails, to correct surface deviations (winter months when ground is frozen)
- Lubrication and adjustment of switches
- Lubrication of rail joints
- Pull, plug and reset high spikes as required
- Slotting of rail joints
- Replacement of broken washers and defective bolts
- Replacement of defective switch targets and switch stands
- Replacement of worn or broken tie and switch plates
- Changing of defective rails and switch points
- Replacement of damaged or worn switch stands
- Daily snow removal from switches, derails, crossings and flange ways, rail entry gates completed by on-site maintenance crew
- When necessary large snow clearing rail bound equipment and operators cleared the track for operation
A satisfied client and another quality project completed. This long term maintenance contract is a prime example of A&B Rail Services expertise, capabilities, and commitment to Doing It Right. For Shell this means confidence in their site being continually inspected, and maintained by a skilled and experienced crew that are specially trained to work in this highly regulated environment. Shell puts a great emphasis on safety, therefore things do not happen unless all aspects of safety are identified. This includes hazard assessments, permits, etc. As safety is A&B Rail Services’ number one priority, this client’s expectations are easily met. For A&B Rail Services, it means another satisfied customer in our 50-year journey to become Canada’s largest, most-experienced and most sought-after rail services company.